Water supply Engineering
Under water supply engineering, the firm has for the last 10 years been involved in planning, design and construction supervision of mini and large-scale piped water supply projects for government of Uganda and NGOs. We are able to take on a project from inception, social economic baseline and topographic surveys, feasibility studies, detailed design and construction supervision of water supply schemes including water treatment, water transmission and water distribution.
Our team gained proficiency in use of state-of-the-art water design and modelling software’s such as Epanet 2.0, Water card, AutoCAD Civil 3D and various GIS applications.
Water Transmission and distribution networks
Water Treatment Plants
WATER SUPPLY PROJECT LISTING
- Feasibility Study and detailed design of alternative water supply and sanitation system in selected prison facilities; under contract by Uganda Prison Service.
- Consultancy services for detailed water resources assessment all villages in Kamwenge District; under Water for People Uganda and Kamwenge District Local Government
- Consultancy services for detailed design and construction supervision of piped water supply and sanitation schemes in four trading centers in Kamwenge district under Water for People Uganda and Kamwenge District Local Government
- Consultancy services for detailed design for rehabilitation of Mulago hill water supply and sanitation system under Mulago National referral Hospital, an ADB funded project.
- Design of Solar pumped water schemes for Kashare, Rubaya, Mwizi and Ndeija communities under Mbarara district Local government
- Sustainable approaches to Water supply and agriculture for three villages in Kayunga district under the French Embassy Kampala.
- Design and Construction of misiera Water treatment Plant in Isingiro refugee settlement under Nsamizi institute for social research and UNHCR
- Design and construction supervision of the Kabambiro sub-county water supply scheme using existing NWSC water treatment plant.
Environmental and renewable Energy Engineering Services
PSEM Africa ltd Environmental and renewable energy Engineers have for the last several years gained practical experience in;
- Conducting Environmental and social Impact Assessments ESIAs, Environment Audits, Occupational health and safety audits and certifications for large infrastructure projects and factories
- Sustainable biomass energy production and utilization technologies like Efficient charcoal retort and Casamance kilns, and design and construction of energy saving stoves
- Turnkey design and construction of local Combined sanitation-energy waste water treatment systems based on anaerobic digestion of sludge
- Design and construction supervision of distributed generation solar systems of up to 200kw
- ESIA for construction of kabambiro sub-county water supply scheme
- ESIA for construction of Mpasana water supply scheme kakumiro district
- HSE Audit of Agri Exim factory, large scale processor and exporter of vegetable oil, seeds, and animal feeds.
- HSE Audit of ideal commodities, a large-scale processor and exporter of coffee
Sustainable Biomass Energy production and utilization systems
- Construction, and commissioning of retort charcoal kilns under ministry of energy and mineral development and UNDP
- Piloting of Namibian charcoal kiln in Uganda under ministry of energy and mineral development and UNDP
- Construction of domestic biogas plants under African biogas program ABP under SNV
- Design, fabrication and training of user of charcoal briquetting equipment
- Institutional (500 l to 50 l stoves) and domestic energy stoves for
Combined sanitation -Energy waste water treatment systems
We have developed onsite ecological DEWATS with resource recovery element. Waste water is primarily treated in anaerobic toilets/biodigesters where methane gas is harnessed and additional treatment is achieved by natural UV radiation in soil infiltration trenches or in constructed wetlands as per site/soil conditions.
We have also designed conventional waste stabilization ponds, faucal sludge treatment plants, and associated sewerage pipe network.
Selected Project listing
- Feasibility studies and design of alternative sanitation options for Uganda Prisons Service for Luzira, Masaka and Iganga Prisons
- Turnkey Design and construction of onsite ecological DEWATS for;
- More than 10 No. Cotton -on -Foundation schools in central Uganda Lwengo and Rakai districts
- Onsite sanitation facilities for Namulu Prison in Karamoja
- Onsite sanitation facilities for Kampala capital city authority schools
- Onsite sanitation facilities for with biodigester and constructed wetland for Holy cross schools in Jinja
- Onsite sanitation for school for life schools in Bujuko Mpingi
Building Services Engineering
With over 10 years of working with local and foreign architects and other professionals in the built environment sector, we have built the capacity to take on projects of various magnitude and scope from inception, to design, construction supervision to commissioning and hand over.
From healthcare facilities, educational facilities, office and mixed-use developments, to hotels and outdoor facilities; we design state of the art services tailored to the uniqueness of every project, giving our best to exceed customer expectation. Our designs are within statutory and regulatory requirements and we work to ensure that projects are implemented within the expected timeframe, budget and minimal life cycle O&M costs as well.
Our specialist is in making a building habitable, for people to live, work in a comfortable space while making the least impact on the environment. We make an effort to promote green architecture and ecological systems
- Water supply, storage and reticulation
- sanitary fittings
- Wastewater and stormwater drainage, treatment and disposal
- Ecological rainwater recycling systems
- Hot water systems
Mechanical engineering services
- Firefighting and suppression systems
- Mechanical Ventilation and Air conditioning (MVAC)
- Gas (LPG, Medical) plant and pipework design
- Lifts and escalator motor drives
- Solid waste collection and disposal
- Solid fuel storage and efficient utilization technologies
Electrical Engineering and ICT services
- Electrical Lighting and Power installation
- Consumer Substations
- Transformer Substations
- Underground and Overhead Electrical Distribution Services
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Emergency Lighting
- Lightning Protection Services
- Earthing Systems and Protection
- Generator Installations
- Public Address Systems
- Closed Circuit Surveillance and Access Control Systems
- Voice and data hardware installations
- Specialized services design for data centers
- Intrusion Detection and Security Alarm Systems